The Club Captain.
The Team Coach is someone who:
- Has an understanding of the characteristics and needs of the players..
- Has an understanding of the components of a training session..
- Has appropriate communication, management and coaching skills for his/her players.
- Is qualified, or working towards qualification, at the appropriate level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing quality coaching to team members through:
- Planning and managing scheduled training sessions.
- Supervising and managing players in competition.
- Developing the technical, tactical, mental and physical skills of the players.
- Managing allocated/Club resources and equipment.
- Building a positive, supportive and inclusive team environment that provides enjoyment, success and challenge.
- Being a leader and a role model.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the players.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time commitment required as a Team Coach at Ferrymead Bays is 6 hours per week.
The appointment of a Team Coach is made by the Club Captain prior to commencement of the season and ends at the end of the season.