The Secretary is the chief administration officer of the Ferrymead Bays Football Club. This person provides the coordinating link between members, the management committee and outside agencies.
The secretary is directly responsible to the President of Ferrymead Bays Football and the members of the Club.
- Can communicate effectively.
- Is well organised and can delegate tasks.
- Can maintain confidentiality on relevant matters.
- Has a good working knowledge of the constitution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Secretary should:
- Prepare the agenda for club/group meetings in consultation with the Chairperson.
- Make arrangements including venue, date, times and hospitality for club meetings.
- Send adequate notice of the meetings.
- Collect and collate reports from office bearers.
- Call for and receive nominations for committees and other positions for the club/group AGM.
- Take the minutes of meetings.
- Write up the minutes as soon as possible after the meeting.
- Read, reply and file correspondence promptly.
- Collate and arrange for the printing of the annual report.
- Maintain registers of members’ names and addresses, life members and sponsors.
- Maintain files of legal documents such as constitutions, leases and titles.
- Act as the public officer of your club/group liaising with members of the public, affiliated bodies and government agencies.
- With Associations - process transfer applications; enter teams in competitions; represent your club/group at Association meetings; obtain Association sanction for club/group events; communicate information between Association and club/group members, such as event deadlines.
- Other tasks: handle bookings and entries; supervise uniforms; respond to general duties as directed by the club/group committee.
Estimated Time Commitment Required
The estimated time commitment required as the Secretary of Ferrymead Bays Football is 8 hours per week.
The appointment of the Secretary commences and ends at each AGM.