The President is the principle leader of the Ferrymead Bays Football Club and has overall responsibility for the club’s administration.
The President sets the overall annual committee agenda (consistent with the views of members), helps the committee prioritise its goals and then keeps the committee on track by working within that overall framework. At the operational level, the major function of the President is to facilitate effective committee meetings.
The President is elected by the Club members and responsible for representing the views of the Club members.
The President is someone who:
- Can communicate effectively.
- Is well informed of all organisation activities.
- Is aware of the future directions and plans of members.
- Has a good working knowledge of the constitution, rules and the duties of all office holders and subcommittees.
- Is a supportive leader for all members of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages committee and/or executive meetings.
- Manages the annual general meeting.
- Represents the Club at local, regional and national levels.
- Acts as a facilitator for Club activities.
- Ensures the planning and budgeting for the future is carried out in accordance with the wishes of the members.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time commitment required as the President of Ferrymead Bays is 2 hours per week.
The appointment of the President commences and ends at each AGM.