The Referees Coordinator is in charge of all matters concerning referees and reports to the Club Captain, cooperating with all sections - seniors, women, youth, juniors.
- Distribute information from Federation or district referee organisations amongst club membership (e.g. via email, Twitter, Facebook or the clubrooms)
- Place referee news in club newsletter/programs
- Recruit referees
- Develop Junior Referee Program (in conjunction with Federation Referee Development Officer or RDO)
- Liaise with RDO’s
- Pre-organise CBR Courses
- Pre-organise Level 1 Referee Courses
- Pre-organise Assistant Referee Courses
- Organise referees for informal club tournaments
- Meet and greet official referees and ARs
- Promotes refereeing & the opportunities it provides amongst the club membership and community
Ideally a Referee Co-ordinator is someone who:
- Can communicate effectively and has good people skills.
- Is positive and enthusiastic, enjoys their football
- Is well organised
Estimated Time Commitment Required
The estimated time commitment required as the Referees Coordinator of Ferrymead Bays Football is 2 hours per week.
The appointment of the Referees Coordinator commences and ends at each AGM.