The Club Captain is the main operating officer of the Ferrymead Bays Football Club, either being involved in or overseeing all day to day activities.
The Club Captain is directly responsible to the President of Ferrymead Bays Football and the members of the Club.
The Club Captain is:
- Well organised.
- An effective communicator.
- Able to lead others as required.
- Aware of all Club activity, being involved as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Club Captain:
- Communicates between the Club and all of its members.
- Oversees coaching/managing appointments.
- Oversees entire Club junior/youth programme.
- Runs the aftermatch programme for the Club.
- Ensures all registrations are completed and correct.
- Works with the Treasurer on day to day activity regarding invoicing and payments.
- Ensures all Club information is correct in Goalnet.
- Works in a development position alongside Mainland Football, ensuring the Club provides relevant programmes for its members.
- Works with the Secretary, ensuring facilitation of regular Committee meetings and the AGM.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring facilities and equipment are safe and adequate.
- Attends regular meetings of Clubs, Mainland Football, etc., and provides feedback to Committee members.
- Facilitates ongoing achievement of coaching qualifications for Club coaches, and keeps a register of this.
- Takes a lead role in fundraising for the Club.
Estimated Time Commitment Required
The estimated time commitment required as the Club Captain of Ferrymead Bays Football is 30 hours per week.
The appointment of the Club Captain commences and ends at each AGM.